At OANDA you will oversee the content strategy and daily updates (usually highly time sensitive) of the global website and all its sub-domains. This will involve working with cross functional groups such as Marketing, Compliance, Legal and Product Management to keep the website updated in a timely and effective manner in conjunction with established organizational goals and objectives. Due to the global nature of the business, the content manager will also be responsible for managing translation vendors and coordinating translation services for 9 languages leveraging the in house content management systems (CMS) to promote this content.
The Web Content Manager will report to the Web Product Manager. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to support web redesigns, ongoing operations as well as lead localization projects to support marketing and product strategies.
Key tasks & responsibilities
● Act as a content subject matter expert and ensure meaningful, educational and relevant content for site visitors as well as search engines are placed in appropriate areas of the site.
● Provide oversight and direction to ensure that new or existing content on the website meets the primary needs of the user and adheres to existing brand standards.
● Develop content standards, systems and best practices
● Ensure Search Engine Optimization (SEO) integration within the content creative process.
● Define success metrics for content projects, and partner with various internal and external teams to evaluate work success by using reporting software like Google Analytics or Domo
● Work with the Campaigns Manager to implement strategies by using A/B testing software to optimize content, user flows, page designs and campaigns by geographic region and by target group
● Work with Web Product Manager to evaluate traffic, and recommend content and user flow changes
● Create content matrix containing asset-level detail, including metadata values that govern content behavior (placement within site structure, geographic distribution, translations)
● Review and edit content provided by external sources
● Manage translation vendor relationship, services and operations
● Work in an agile and collaborative work environment
Required profile, skills & experience
● At least 3+ years of experience in similar role; Financial Services experience an asset
● A passion for all things Digital and a strong understanding of the landscape
● Understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery)
● Knowledge of common web browser capabilities
● Demonstrate organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively, and able to work well under pressure
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral, to liaise with various stakeholders
● Experience working with Content Management Systems
● Familiar with web analytics software and implementation (Omniture & Google Analytics)
● Confidence to host & chair conference sessions
● Highly flexible able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources
● Experience working within an Agile and collaborative work environment
● Understanding of search and digital marketing principles
● Strong problem resolution skills and ability to think outside the box
● Literate in alternate languages as asset, but not required.